The Saulteau First Nation sees a vibrant, sustainable future achieved through big targets and implementation of key strategies.
Our targets include:
- Sustainable revenue generation
- 4% or less unemployment
- Self sufficiency
- Sovereign nation
- Environmental responsibility
Our strategies to achieve these targets are:
- Diverse economic base with a low risk business profile.
- Maximize benefits and diversify existing Saulteau businesses.
- Develop new businesses that create employment, offer maximum ROI (return on investment) and require minimal administrative cost.
- Develop a new governance model for the economic development department.
- Achieve new growth through strategic alliances with businesses which support Saulteau values and objectives.
- Ensure and respect green development principles are adhered to in existing and new business ventures.