phone: 250-788-7280 fax:250-788-7251
First Nations Health Authority Contact Webpage
The Health Center is our connection for
- Nurse assistance (Including immunizations, blood pressure checks, blood sugar checks)
- Diabetes Support (including foot clinics)
- Social Assistance
- Eye care
- Saulteau Member Registration plus Health Benefits Registration (to be done before child turns 1 to ensure coverage)
- Status Cards
- Medical Transportation
- Medical Travel Assistance/Patient Travel
- Christmas- Food Hamper Application
Our Community Health Nurse, Sarah Gauthier, provides the following:
Immunization services, TB Clinics, Prenatal and Postnatal Care, Home and Community Care.
Community Health Representative provides a unique concept for health promotion, education, and disease prevention services to improve the quality of health. The health promotion and disease prevention efforts that representatives provide help the community improve and maintain their health. The CHR encourages and empowers members to become responsible and for their own health; through programs such as: prenatal/postnatal programs, coordinating Elders lunches/group, traditional concepts of healing, moms n’ tots group, healthy kitchens, Chetwynd Family Dental coordination, healthy activities, fitness/swimming, and diabetes/disease prevention programs. The CHR’s responsibility is to ensure community members have fair and equal access to the health programs available.